Marty Graham, President - Home Entertainment, Rentrak, was elected Chairman of the Entertainment Merchants Association for 2014-2015 at the EMA Board meeting on July 23.
Graham replaces Bob Geistman, Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Ingram Entertainment, who chaired the Board for a decade. Geistman remains on the EMA Board as Treasurer.
Other officers elected at the meeting are Mike Gimlett, Senior Vice President, Merchandise & Logistics, Gamefly, who is Vice Chairman, and Jonathan Zepp, Entertainment Content Partnerships, Google, who is Secretary. All took their new positions immediately.
“I am honored to have been selected by my colleagues on the EMA Board to serve as Chairman in this exciting time of change in our industry,” said Graham. “I look forward to working with other members of the Board, our members, and other industry stakeholders to continue EMA’s leadership role in helping manage this change by providing forums for the industry to discuss and find solutions to common challenges and ensuring that all industry segments thrive.
“I would also like to add that I am fortunate to inherit from Bob Geistman a healthy and growing association, and we are all grateful to Bob for his leadership of EMA over the past decade, which transitioned it into the vital organization it is today.”
“I step down as chairman of EMA with a great deal of satisfaction over what we as an organization have been able to accomplish over the past decade,” stated Bob Geistman. “When I assumed the chairmanship of what was then the Video Software Dealers Association, many stores still sold VHS tapes, rental kiosks were a novelty, digital delivery was ‘the technology of tomorrow,’ and many of today’s EMA members did not even exist. EMA helped manage the transition from that point to the diverse association we are today, the Entertainment Merchants Association, representing all sectors of the home video and video game industries, regardless of business model or delivery platform. I cannot take credit for this, but rather it was the work of a great many Board members, volunteers, supporters, and staff – both past and present. I have benefited from the wisdom and counsel of each, and many have become good friends.”
Other members of the EMA Board of Directors are:
- Joe Ambeault, CEO, Redbox Instant by Verizon
- David Asch, Senior Vice President - Content, Redbox Automated Retail
- Richard Barry, Executive Vice President/Chief Merchandising Officer, Toys “R” Us
- Tina C. Flowers, Vice President/Specialty Merchandizing & In-Store Banking, Giant Eagle
- Mark Higgins, Senior Vice President, Merchandising, Trans World Entertainment
- Daniel J. Kaufman, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, GameStop
- Chris Koller, Vice President, Gaming, Best Buy
- Jim Loperfido, President & Owner, Emerald City Video
- Dana Luthy, Category Leader, Movies & TV, Amazon
- Mike Thielman, Senior Buyer, Video Games, Target
- Mark Vrieling, President, Rain City Video