The EMA Metadata Structure - our recommended standard for the structure of metadata associated with audiovisual content intended for digital distribution. The intended use is primarily to accompany or describe content as it flows from content providers to digital retailers.
MEDIA ENTERTAINMENT CORE - CURRENT VERSION
- Version 2.1 Specification
- Media Entertainment CoreMetadata,TR-META-MEC, v2.1, January 2, 2014 (PDF)
- Version 2.0 Schema
- Schema Location: http://www.movielabs.com/schema/mdmec/v2.1/mdmec-v2.1.xsd
- Schema Documentation (HTML). This includes Common Metadata.
- Media Entertainment Core Metadata Standard - presented April 8, 2014
COMMON METADATA - CURRENT VERSION
- Version 2.1c Specification
- Version 2.1 Schema
- Detailed Revision History, TR-META-REV, v2.0, January 3, 2013 (PDF)
Additional resources and examples are available at MovieLabs.com. Thanks to EMA's Digital Council, and especially to SecurePath and MovieLabs for their assistance in developing these tools.