What is your Digital EMA
EMA (the Entertainment Merchants Association) is the not-for-profit trade association supporting the home entertainment industry. Established in 2006, EMA’s mission is to protect, promote, and provide a forum for the home entertainment industry.
Digital EMA is the Entertainment Merchants Association's community of retailers, distributors, content creators, service & technology companies, and other stakeholders engaged in the commercial digital delivery of video and video game content to consumers through over-the-top Internet-based portals.
Since its establishment, Digital EMA has worked through its committees and others in the industry to:
- Publish a glossary of industry terminology and an online repository of research.
- Develop common Metadata standards related to retail and digital distribution, avails notification and QC nomenclature.
- Develop standard specifications for Mezzanine Files for digital audio-visual distribution.
- Develop practices for closed-captioning of Internet protocol-delivered video programming.
- Produce annually the successful Digital Media Pipeline conference, and multiple networking Salons in LA, NYC and the Bay Areas.
Be part of the community of retailers, distributors, content providers, and service/technology providers that builds the groundwork for our industry’s future.
- Participate in committees, councils, and think-tanks—both operational and strategic—with your peers and colleagues.
- Facilitated introductions to industry participants.
- Free registration to Digital EMA’s events and conferences, such as Digital Media Pipeline and Salons.
- Discounted registration to many non-EMA industry conferences.
Committees & Work Groups
All members are invited to participate in each of our committees and their work groups:
- Avails Metadata
- Closed Captioning
- Digital Steering Committee
- Image Assets
- Media Entertainment Core Metadata
- Media Manifest
- Mezzanine File
- QC Nomenclature
Dues & Sponsorship
Companies interested in joinging Digital EMA or sponsoring Digital EMA should contact Steve Apple at email@example.com